I am not too sure I can give this course the two thumbs up yet.
The good things about this course--
- The structure of daily lessons, assignments due.
- Labs are integrated into the studies and all the supplies are sent out.
- There is a teacher that your student must report to and turn work in via a dropbox online.
- Students learn to check the site daily for k-mail, post answers to discussion questions, check grades.
- There are other students in the class
- There is a class connect session that is live, online with audio and visual classroom with the teacher
- The parent has access to check progress and grades of quizes.
- The student is learning to turn work in on time for grades.
The not so good things about this course--
- The class connect online session is not very often, maybe every two weeks for an hour.
- It is more hands on for the parent than I expected. or maybe I just see it that way.
- The material is presented much like a textbook online and kind of boring considering the possibilities.
- The student must read it just like a textbook (no audio)
- There are no great visuals such as those that we had in Adaptive Curriculum--no flash player is ever needed--
- The cost
Right now I kind of have mixed feelings about it.
We will see how it goes, but these are my thoughts one month into the program.